What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small software tags that are stored on access devices via the browser, retaining only information related to preferences, not including, as such, personal data.
What are Cookies for?
Cookies are used to help determine the usefulness, interest and number of uses of the websites, allowing faster and more efficient navigation, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What kind of cookies are there?
There are two groups of cookies that can be used
- Permanent cookies - they are cookies that are stored at the browser level on access devices (PC, mobile and tablet) and that are used whenever you make a new visit to one of Giromundo's websites. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies - are temporary cookies that remain in the browser’s cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze traffic patterns on the web, allowing you to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies - They allow navigation on the website and use of applications, as well as access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the required services cannot be provided.
- Analytical cookies - They are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics, in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality cookies - They keep the user's preferences regarding the use of the site, so that it is not necessary to configure the site again each time you visit it.
- Third-party cookies - They measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
- Advertising cookies - They target advertising according to the interests of each user, in order to target advertising campaigns taking into account the tastes of users, and in addition, they limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the website organization.
How can you manage cookies?
All browsers allow the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, and also inform the user whenever a cookie is received, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser. The user can configure cookies in the "options" or "preferences" menu of his browser.
Note, however, that by disabling cookies, you can prevent some web services from functioning correctly, affecting, partially or completely, navigation on the website.